Academic Skill Building Workshops
This is a FREE service to all Boise State students! Each workshop is designed to address issues that students often struggle with. During each 60 minute workshop you will learn new strategies that will enhance your academic experience and give you the tools you need to succeed. Space is limited so sign-up early!
Note: If the specified workshop times absolutely don’t work with your schedule, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss alternatives.
- TIME MANAGEMENT: This workshop covers skills that are necessary to succeed as a college student. Topics include time management, prioritization and basic study skills. Interested students are encouraged to bring any planners or time management system they may be using. Workshops offered at the dates/times below. To register to attend, click here.
- 4/10 Thursday 3:30 pm
- READING A COLLEGE-LEVEL TEXTBOOK: This workshop focuses on a very important aspect of being successful in college: reading a textbook. Students will learn strategies to save time and energy while reading, active reading techniques, and have time to practice new reading skills and strategies. Interested students are encouraged to bring one of their textbooks. To register for this workshop, click here.
- 4/16 Wednesday 12:30 pm
- NOTE-TAKING IN COLLEGE LEVEL COURSES: Most students will find that note-taking is an essential part of taking classes. This workshop will provide strategies on how to quickly and efficiently take notes in class, 4 different note-taking systems, tips on how notes can be changed for different classes or professors, and an opportunity to practice new note-taking skills and systems. To register for this workshop, click here.
- 4/17 Thursday 9:30 am
- TEST SUCCESS:Every student will need to take examinations throughout their academic career. Participants in this workshop will learn about strategies for test preparation, test-taking tips, and how to approach specific types of test questions. Students will walk away with a step-by-step study plan for upcoming tests. To register for this workshop, click here.
- 4/24 Thursday 2:00 pm
- 4/28 Monday 12:30 pm
- TEST ANXIETY: Many students struggle with test anxiety, and aren’t sure how to handle it. Students in this workshop will learn psychological and physiological causes of test anxiety, study tips and test preparation to reduce anxiety by helping students feel more prepared, and different relaxation techniques to help prevent and handle test anxiety. To register for this workshop, click here.
- 4/22 Tuesday 10:00 am
- 4/30 Wednesday 3:30 pm
Click here for a downloadable calendar with all of the workshop dates!
For **faculty and staff members**, if you would like a workshop to come to you, please click here.