Students can make individual adjustments to major and core requirements stated in the university catalog. The “Boise State Request for Adjustment of Academic Requirements” form is available at http://registrar.boisestate.edu/forms/students.shtml. The three most common reasons that you would encourage students to use this form are:
- Substitution for a course requirement.
- Waiver allowing students to graduate without meeting certain academic requirements.
- Equivalency of transferred courses which take the place of the original requirements.
Process for completing this form
- The student should bring any pertinent information such as syllabus or course work for any class being adjusted with a written explanation of the request. Inform students who are requesting to have a transfer course accepted as a core course that the Dean of the College might request documentation from their previous institution.
- Use the back of the form to clarify the steps they must complete to get the request approved.
- Once you have determined that the request should be approved, sign and date the form. Be certain to photocopy the form to keep in your records.