Choosing a career and major that fits with your interest, abilities, values and circumstances is critical. Consider the many majors offered at Boise State University – there are over 200 fields of interest in Arts and Sciences, Business and Economics, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, and Social Sciences and Public Affairs. Thousands of careers exist in relation to those majors.
For many students, one result of college is to obtain a job; determining your career objective and preparing for that career will increase your success. Advisors can provide guidance and information in not only your choice, but also in preparation. An advisor can suggest courses to enhance your degree, offer opportunities for experience outside the classroom and help you get connected with experts in the field.
Talk with your advisor today about all of the opportunities that await you! Get involved in your education and help yourself to a career that is a good fit for you!
Major/Career Exploration workshops
Advising and Academic Enhancement and the Career Center have joined forces to dispel the myths about majors and careers. In this workshop you will have the opportunity to:
- Connect with other undecided students
- Talk to major exploration advisors and career counselors
- Start the exploration process
- Learn next steps to Make College Count!
The Simplot/Micron Advising and Success Hub (ASH), Room 101
- Wednesday, September 28th, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 12th, 11 am-12 p.m.
- Thursday, October 27th, 1-2 p.m.
- Thursday, November 10th, 1-2 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 16th, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Thursday, December 8th, 1-2 p.m.
Choosing a field of study
To meet with an advisor to assist you with major exploration, please call Advising and Academic Enhancement at (208) 426-4049
- Helping Yourself To a “Major” Decision
- Career Decision-Making Myths
- Checklist for Choosing a Major/Deciding on a Career
- Career Planning and Development Process
- Strategies for Choosing a Major
- On-line Resources