Who is a transfer student? At Boise State, you’re considered a transfer student if you have completed at least one college class for credit after graduating from high school. If you took college level courses during high school you are considered a freshman student with transfer coursework.
Transferring to a new institution can feel complicated and stressful. Advisors are here to help you successfully transition to Boise State.
For assistance, please contact your academic advisor. Advisors can be found at https://aae.boisestate.edu/advisingcontacts/
If you are undeclared or looking to change your major, please call 208-426-4049 to schedule an appointment.
Transfer Student ResourcesPlease go to the Admissions website for specific information on:
– Transfer guides – College of Western Idaho (other institutions coming soon)
– admission standards and application checklists
– second bachelor degrees
– how your credits transfer: the process
– transfer equivalency information
Go to the Office of the Registrar website and click on Transfer and Alternative Credit for:
– Transfer Evaluation System (tool to estimate what courses will transfer)
– Prior Learning Credit
– Core Certification