Skill Building Workshops
These workshops are a FREE service to all Boise State students! During each 60 minute workshop you will learn new strategies that will enhance your academic experience and give you the tools you need to succeed. Click on workshop title below to RSVP or just drop-in. Calendar view of workshops available at this link.
Time Management: Managing your time is a critical skill for academic success. Come to this workshop to make a study schedule, learn about principles for efficient and effective studying, and explore tools for avoiding procrastination and cramming. Interested students are encouraged to bring any planners or time management system they may already be using.
– Thurs 10/1 at 9:00am in ACCS 114
– Tues 10/6 at 3:00pm in ACCS 114
– Thurs 10/29 at 3:00pm in ACCS 114
– Wed 11/4 at 3:00pm in ACCS 102
Note-Taking in College Level Courses: Most students will find that note-taking is an essential part of their classes. This workshop will provide strategies on how to quickly and efficiently take notes in class, 4 different note-taking systems, tips on how notes can be changed for different classes or professors, and an opportunity to practice new note-taking skills and systems.
– Mon 9/28 at 4:30pm in ACCS 114
– Wed 10/21 at 9:00am in ACCS 114
– Thurs 11/12 at 3:00pm in (check in at ACS 114)
Reading a College Textbook
Reading a College Level Textbook: This workshop focuses on a very important aspect of being successful in college–reading a textbook. Students will learn strategies to save time and energy while reading, active reading techniques, and have time to practice new reading skills and strategies. Interested students are encouraged to bring one of their textbooks.
– Tues 10/20 at 3:00pm in ACCS 114
– Mon 11/9 at 4:30pm in ACCS 102
Mobile Study Tools
Mobile Study Tools:
Use your smart phone for good and not evil! Learn about apps to manage time, tasks, notecards, documents and so much more.
– Thurs 9/23 at 9:00am in ACCS 114
– Thurs 10/15 at 9:00am in ACCS 114
– Tues 11/3 at 4:30pm in ACCS 102
Every student will need to take examinations throughout their academic career. Participants in this workshop will learn about strategies for test preparation, test-taking tips, and how to approach specific types of test questions. Students will walk away with a step-by-step study plan for upcoming tests.
– Tues 9/22 at 3:00pm in ACCS 114
– Mon 10/12 at 4:30pm in ACCS 114
– Wed 11/18 at 9:00am in ACCS 215b
– Mon 11/30 at 4:30pm in ACCS 102
– Tues 12/1 at 3:00pm TBA (check in at ACCS 114)
– Tues 12/8 at 9:00am in ACCS 215b
Tackling Test Anxiety:
Many students struggle with test anxiety and aren’t sure how to handle it. Students in this workshop will learn psychological and physiological causes of test anxiety, study tips, and test preparation. This workshops aims to reduce anxiety by helping students feel more prepared, and also learn different relaxation techniques to help prevent and handle test anxiety.
– Wed 10/7 at 9:00am in ACCS 114
– Mon 10/26 at 4:30pm in ACCS 114
– Tues 11/17 at 3:00pm in TBA (check in at ACCS 114)
– Thurs 12/3 at 9:00am in ACCS 102
– Mon 12/7 at 4:30pm in ACCS 102
– Wed 12/9 at 9:00am in ACCS 215b
Need immediate help? Call 426-1718 or email email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter and Pinterest for success tips and important academic alerts.
Invite us **student organizations, faculty and staff members**, if you would like a workshop to come to you and your students, please click here to submit a request or email firstname.lastname@example.org.